br Hassan R Kreitman RJ Pastan I Willingham MC Localization
5. Hassan R, Kreitman RJ, Pastan I, Willingham MC. Localization of mesothelin in epithelial ovarian cancer. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2005; 13:243-7. 6. Hassan R, Laszik ZG, Lerner M, Raffeld M, Postier R, Brackett D. Mesothelin is overexpressed in pancreaticobiliary adenocarcinomas but not in normal pancreas and chronic pancreatitis. Am J Clin Pathol 2005; 124:838-45.
7. Miettinen M, Sarlomo-Rikala M. Expression of calretinin, thrombomodulin, keratin 5, and mesothelin in lung carcinomas of different types: an immunohis-tochemical analysis of 596 tumors in comparison with epithelioid mesotheliomas of the pleura. Am J Surg Pathol 2003; 27:150-8.
9. Chowdhury PS, Viner JL, Beers R, Pastan I. Isolation of a high-affinity stable single-chain Fv specific for mesothelin from DNA-immunized mice by phage display and construction of a recombinant immunotoxin with anti-tumor activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1998; 95:669-74.
10. Hassan R, Bullock S, Premkumar A, et al. Phase I study of SS1P, a recombinant anti-mesothelin immunotoxin given as a bolus I.V. infusion to patients with mesothelin-expressing mesothelioma, ovarian, and pancreatic cancers. Clin Cancer Res 2007; 13:5144-9.
11. Hassan R, Miller AC, Sharon E, et al. Major cancer regressions in mesothelioma after treatment with an anti-mesothelin immunotoxin and immune suppression. Sci Transl Med 2013; 5:208ra147.
Clinical Colorectal Cancer Month 2019 - 7
LMB100 Targeting CRC
12. Hollevoet K, Mason-Osann E, Liu XF, Imhof-Jung S, Niederfellner G, Pastan I. In vitro and in vivo activity of the low-immunogenic anti-mesothelin immunotoxin RG7787 in pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 2014; 13:2040-9.
13. Wei J, Bera TK, Liu XF, et al. Recombinant immunotoxins with albumin-binding domains have long half-lives and high antitumor activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2018; 115:E3501-8.
14. Trainer DL, Kline T, McCabe FL, et al. Biological characterization and oncogene expression in human colorectal carcinoma cell lines. Int J Cancer 1988; 41:287-96.
15. Frierson HF Jr, Moskaluk CA, Powell SM, et al. Large-scale molecular and tissue microarray analysis of mesothelin expression in common human carcinomas. Hum Pathol 2003; 34:605-9.
16. Inaguma S, Wang Z, Lasota J, et al. Comprehensive immunohistochemical study of mesothelin (MSLN) using different monoclonal Digitoxin 5B2 and MN-1 in 1562 tumors with evaluation of its prognostic value in malignant pleural meso-thelioma. Oncotarget 2017; 8:26744-54.
17. Liu W, Onda M, Lee B, et al. Recombinant immunotoxin engineered for low immunogenicity and antigenicity by identifying and silencing human B-cell epi-topes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2012; 109:11782-7.
19. Zhang Y, Hansen JK, Xiang L, et al. A flow cytometry method to quantitate internalized immunotoxins shows that taxol synergistically increases cellular immunotoxins uptake. Cancer Res 2010; 70:1082-9.
21. Awuah P, Bera TK, Folivi M, Chertov O, Pastan I. Reduced shedding of surface mesothelin improves efficacy of mesothelin-targeting recombinant immunotoxins. Mol Cancer Ther 2016; 15:1648-55.
22. Bhaw-Luximon A, Jhurry D. New avenues for improving pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) treatment: selective stroma depletion combined with nano drug delivery. Cancer Lett 2015; 369:266-73.
23. Nukatsuka M, Saito H, Sakamoto K, et al. Efficacy of combination chemotherapy using oral fluoropyrimidine S-1 with oxaliplatin (SOX) against colorectal cancer in vivo. Anticancer Res 2012; 32:2807-12.
24. Zeghari-Squalli N, Raymond E, Cvitkovic E, Goldwasser F. Cellular pharmacology of the combination of the DNA topoisomerase I inhibitor SN-38 and the dia-minocyclohexane platinum derivative oxaliplatin. Clin Cancer Res 1999; 5:1189-96. 25. Tesniere A, Schlemmer F, Boige V, et al. Immunogenic death of colon cancer cells treated with oxaliplatin. Oncogene 2010; 29:482-91.
26. Zanardelli M, Micheli L, Nicolai R, Failli P, Ghelardini C, Di Cesare Mannelli L. Different apoptotic pathways activated by oxaliplatin in primary astrocytes vs. colo-rectal cancer cells. Int J Mol Sci 2015; 16:5386-99.
27. Bharadwaj U, Marin-Muller C, Li M, Chen C, Yao Q. Mesothelin overexpression promotes autocrine IL-6/sIL-6R trans-signaling to stimulate pancreatic cancer cell proliferation. Carcinogenesis 2011; 32:1013-24.
28. Chen SH, Hung WC, Wang P, Paul C, Konstantopoulos K. Mesothelin binding to CA125/MUC16 promotes pancreatic cancer cell motility and invasion via MMP-7 activation. Sci Rep 2013; 3:1870.
29. He X, Wang L, Riedel H, et al. Mesothelin promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and tumorigenicity of human lung cancer and mesothelioma cells. Mol Cancer 2017; 16:63.
30. Servais EL, Colovos C, Rodriguez L, et al. Mesothelin overexpression promotes mesothelioma cell invasion and MMP-9 secretion in an orthotopic mouse model and in epithelioid pleural mesothelioma patients. Clin Cancer Res 2012; 18:2478-89.